you have to accept that not everyone is going to love you back; that's why it's most important to love yourself FIRST <3
1. If he doesn’t answer, don’t keep sending texts. If he wanted to talk to you, he would’ve responded.
2. People will make time for you when they care about you. If he says he’s too busy or constantly cancels his plans, he doesn’t care. People fight for you when they care.
3. Don’t let him touch you on the first date. If he tries, he’s not there for the same reasons you are.
4. You can tell a lot about a person by their favorite book.
5. If he can stomach more than ten straight shots without feeling a thing, he drinks too much.
6. Ask the uncomfortable things. When was the last time he was so high he couldn’t speak? What does he regret the most? Does he drink to remember or to forget?
7. Don’t send pictures unless you want to. If he has to talk you into it, don’t do it. If you hesitate, don’t do it. If you do take a picture, don’t include your face. Keep yourself safe.
8. If you can’t laugh when you’re having sex with him, maybe you aren’t sleeping with the right person. Sex isn’t about tricks and tips and routines.
9. If he hurts you, cut him out. He’s gone, he isn’t coming back, and you don’t need to prolong the pain.
10. Don’t be afraid to open up again. I promise not everyone will love you with a knife behind their back.
1. high school will drain you. it’s panic attacks in the hallway and crying in the bathroom and eating lunch in the back of the library because the cafeteria makes your heart beat too fast. It’s getting high and throwing up. you will learn a lot about death and how to treat your cuts. You will also learn what it’s like to get drunk and laugh at the stars and how to write poetry that makes the world hurt less. You will read books that you fall in love with. you will fall in love. you’ll get closer to your mother because you’ll need someone to help you with your math homework and teach you how to put on your makeup and wipe away your tears.
2. the first boy you fall in love with will break you. he’ll tell you he loves you and convince you to fuck him in the back of his parents beat up volvo and then he’ll tell all his friends what you taste like and stop calling you before you fall asleep. delete his number and throw away the stuffed bear he won you at the carnival three weeks before. your carpet will be stained with tears and vomit and liquor and you’ll fight with you dad a lot more than usual. you’ll spit up pieces of your heart for weeks. you’ll burn alive when you see him in the halls. you won’t always feel like you’re cracking and a few months later you’ll be falling asleep on the phone with someone else. let it hurt for a little while but don’t let it kill you. never let it kill you.
3. the girl you’ve been best friends with for 9 years will stop speaking to you. one night you’ll make plans with her and she’ll cancel at the last minute because she’s sick but you’ll see her updating her snapchat story with pictures of empty alcohol bottles and blurry eyes and the mean girls who never let you sit with them. try to forgive her. she’s going through all the bloody, broken teeth, black and blue filled nights like you are. everyone’s trying to survive so don’t be too hard on anyone. especially yourself.
4. your teacher will ask the class questions and you’ll know the answers but you’ll keep your shaky hand between your knees and keep your tongue glued to the top of your mouth. don’t bother. speak out. nothing bad will happen. so when your biology teachers calls on you to tell him about last nights assignment, don’t stare at the spinning ground and mumble through numb lips. you’re smarter than you think and nobody is looking at you anyway.
5. you’re not his baby girl. when he tries to kiss your neck and pull you onto his lap, get up and leave. you don’t have to go upstairs with him. you don’t have to sleep with him because he’s begging. it’s not your job to fuck around with boys who can’t remember your name. take care of yourself even when he’s calling you a tease and whispering just loud enough for you to hear.
6. go out. go to football games and sit on hard metal bleachers for hours and take shots that taste like bleach and hold hands with the cute boy from english class. go to that dumb party and don’t complain or stand in the corner. things are always moving. people are always falling in love and laughing and putting themselves back together. be part of it.
7. ask for help. you don’t have to let yourself rot. when you don’t know how to do something in math class ask your teacher to explain. when your heart falls out of your chest and shatters at your feet, ask your best friend to come over and watch bad movies with you until you both feel less dead. when the boy you’re convinced you love kisses someone else, ask your mother to help stop the bleeding. you’re not alone so stop acting like it. no more breakdowns at three in the morning locked in the bathroom screaming. your older sister is still awake. crawl into bed with her.
8. it all ends. high school doesn’t last forever and 6 years from now you’ll be whole again. you won’t remember the names of the boys who made you cry or the girls who fucked you over. you won’t remember the names of the teachers who made your cheeks turn red and tied your stomach in knots. you won’t remember the time you fell down the stairs in front of everyone. you won’t remember what it’s like to want to die. try to remember the times you laughed so hard you spit out your drink. try to remember the people who helped put you back together. try to remember the people who bled with you when things got messy, when they call you at 3 in the morning to ask how you’ve been, answer the phone.
9. don’t forget to breathe.
A STRONG FEMALE LEAD AND A MAN WHO IS WOUNDED AND BROKEN AND LOOKS AT HER LIKE THE SUN I WANT TWENTY
I didn’t fall in love with you. I walked into love with you, with my eyes wide open, choosing to take every step along the way. I do believe in fate and destiny, but I also believe we are only fated to do the things that we’d choose anyway. And I’d choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you and I’d choose you.
You’re just a scared little girl with low self-esteem who’s too frightened to chase her dreams.
I wanted [Shake It Off] to be unapologetic.
SHE GETS ME.
*raises hands up*
SLAY TAYLA SLAY.
1989 comes out in a WEEK and it still hasn’t leaked yet we don’t even have a tracklist what kind of beyonce teas……..
|1.Kissed a girl?|
|2.Kissed a boy?|
|3.Had sex in public?|
|4.What’s your religion?|
|5.What does your URL mean?|
|6.Reason you joined tumblr?|
|7.Do you have any nicknames?|
|8.Do you like bubble bath?|
|9.Kissed in the rain?|
|10.Dyed your hair?|
|11.Soup or salad?|
|12.Vegetable or meat?|
|13.Go out drinking?|
|16.Do any hard drugs?|
|17.Have you had sex today?|
|18.Have you ever fallen asleep in someones arms?|
|19.The relationship between you and the person you last texted?|
|20.Has anyone ever told you you have pretty eyes?|
|21.Skipped doing homework to play a video game?|
|22.Tried to commit suicide?|
|23.The last time you felt broken?|
|24.Had to lie to EVERYONE about how you felt?|
|25.Do you have a Boyfriend/Girlfriend?|
|26.Do you have Long hair OR short hair?|
|27.First thing you notice to a guy/girl?|
|28.Do you sing in the shower?|
|29.Do you dance in the car?|
|30.Where were you yesterday?|
|31.Ever used a bow and arrow?|
|32.Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?|
|33.Do you think musicals are cheesy?|
|34.Is Christmas stressful?|
|35.Favorite type of fruit pie?|
|36.Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?|
|37.Do you believe in ghosts?|
|38.Ever have a Deja-vu feeling?|
|39.Take a vitamin daily?|
|41.Wear a bath robe?|
|42.What do you wear to bed?|
|43.Do you want to get married?|
|44.Can you curl your tongue?|
|45.How many relationships have you had?|
|46.How can I win your heart?|
|47.what makes a great relationship?|
|48.Shy OR open?|
|50.Religious OR non-religious?|
|51.Caring OR non-restricting of you?|
|52.Straight edge OR non-straight edge?|
|53.Piercings OR no piercings?|
|54.Tattoos OR no tattoos?|
|55.Quiet stay-at-home type OR party type?|
|ask me these, please? :||)|
things girls do that I love:
- offer their friends sips of their coffee drinks without being asked
- scratch each others back
- say things like “smell this lotion I bought this weekend”
- compliment each other’s eyebrows
- that thing when they agree with you and their eyes get really wide and they nod their head solemnly
- throw out each others gum wrappers or chip bags when they get up
I just wanted to eat breakfast ;(
welp now we know the distinction between the two
Have….have people…not eaten shredded wheat before? The regular sized ones?
You put it in a bowl and pour milk on it (with sugar + cinnamon if you’re not some lunatic fiber satan who just wants to eat wheat strings) and let it soak a bit before breaking it up and eating bite sized portions with your spoon.
DO PEOPLE NOT KNOW THIS?!
NONE OF US KNEW THAT